Monday, June 22, 2009

Train Crash Day

The train crash today was quite scary.
A few weeks ago, wrote a letter to my old boss at the engineering firm about the
shoddy maintenance at the D.C. subway,
I hate to be right about this one.
I really really do, and now people are dead.

My observations were not about the trains themselves, but other things.
Sometimes I take it upon myself to complain about such things to the management, and it lends to the embarrassment of my friends.

Who can find the management at a subway, though? And who listens to random women who are scared to ride escalators and ride in cars on the highway? Pah.

I just keep my mouth shut, because I could spend all day preaching.

Today at work, I told an eighteen year old that ' No one will need to worry about the economy if they are willing to work. I mean, the only people who need to be concerned are people who don't know how to work when they need to... you know, the people who live off of the system.'

He was horrified. I said, "not you."

" I am just saying this in general."

I think I am going to be a really delightful old woman one day.

No comments: