Thursday, June 25, 2009

I am kicking you off the band wagon.

I am sure there are a lot of bleeding hearts out there right now for Michael. I have searched a bit on the Internet for news stories. I found articles about people holding vigils for him.
I could not help but remember when Jerry Garcia died and people were making a show of their mourning. I saw my best friend walking home from school, and I shouted out the car window to her that her 'hero' had died... and she shouted back, " I DON'T CARE " in a rageful voice usually reserved for family disputes. Taken aback, I quickly figured out why she must be reacting like this. She had been at school all day surrounded by hippies making a 'show' of how their lives would change because their idol was gone.

This little snippet could quickly turn academic, but I will get to my point.

What I mean to say, is THIS is different.

Everyone loved Michael.

The articles I found were about vigils being held and had pictures of people holding signs that 'the media' perhaps killed him through all the controversy. ( His broken heart was the cause and it created a chain reaction. ) He was our hero when we were kids.
I have always held the belief that he was innocent of the crimes of which he was accused.
And that's it, period.
I can tell you what I think of accusers--- they are guilty. Shaming and guilty and money hungry.

Now he is free from it all. Whatever he believed will come to fruition for him in the afterlife.
I cannot say how remarkable his life accomplishments were.

If miracles happen, and I believe they do... perhaps Michael's death will be a monument in our hearts to art, and a remembrance that the whole world can be affected by one person's dedication to their craft.

( photo: myself wearing my most prized possession from age 5 )

No comments: