Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Jenny Say What?

Jenna Say Kwaa.

Talib Kwali?

Koala? Lee?

All of these things are worth mentioning. You know, sometimes, there are things we wish we never brought up. Conversations better left unspoken-- cliche', I cannot apologize enough lately.

Earlier, I spoke with a friend about this:

Should. The word 'Should' is abusive to the self.
I put my self on the shelf like a Russian Doll full of stories.

I run accross the room like, perhaps the sister character in Pet Cemetary who has spinal menangitis, and I knock the doll off the shelf.
And let me tell you, it is not like Humpty Dumpty or any fairy tale where there is an army to put anyone back together.
There is no shatter because the nesting dolls are made of lambskin. It just thuds and rolls under the sofa, I guess.
When I am mad, I just want to shatter glass, but I never do. I just end up burning things.
Things never completely fall apart, but there are a lot of 'shoulds.'

I stare at the computer like it is a broken and burnt crack pipe, open and shining.
I cry.

I try to look at the bright side. What I want to be when I grow up is a joy.
I never want to be a burden. I leave, I keep you at a distance. I only demand things from people who can't give anything because that is just what the training manual said to do.

I got here and had to adapt to the aliens everywhere.

If you tell me I am pretty, I try to show you the ugly side to see if you really meant it. I don't need liars around, or people who hurt me and then ask me to be 'nice.' This is alien language.

See what I mean?

No comments: