Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Fun Prevention at the Convention


Yesterday was the inauguration
.
I had hell on escalators. The cold I expect when I enter the slope leading to hell.
Cages on the streets. Police officers (not searching my large suitcase full of electrical cords) and snapping the wooden parts off of flags... because they could be weapons?

I saw a little guy holding his flag up in the air.
Immediately, his father snatched the boy's arm and pushed the flag down,
"Don't let me see you point that flag again!"

( Snipers? A child assassin? What? )

Backward land.

I was baffled until I got home and realized that it was the last day of the previous administration.
Baffled.
Road blocks.
Fun prevention squads were everywhere.
Don't get me wrong, I have fun often and amply.

The squads just made it difficult, so I stayed in my cage and listened to the voice on the speakers. Tried to make friends. But, my legs and face froze off and I felt like some kind of bitter robot alien.

I can say that I was there, but this is about all.

No comments: