Sunday, January 4, 2009

Earplugs are Safe

It's a safe bet to keep earplugs around.
Except when you want to hear everything.

Since I was a child, I have had troubles of the ear-variety.
I had surgeries. And now and then, if I go to the doctor, they will
pull aside an intern to see what a 'perforation' looks like.

I don't know if it was my club days or all the childhood earaches, but I can't hear.
I am like an old person, "what?"

( no, no, I am not questioning what you said, i just didn't hear you )

Repeat.
Repeat.
Please, just one more time.
Just say the last part, not the whole sentence...
the part that sounded confusing to me.

I guess I guess a lot about what people intend to say.
It's not
that I am not listening,
and although, sometimes, I might not care,
I definitely can't hear you.

So, please repeat what you said:

Your vote doesn't really count?

How many billion dollars do you give to fund wars?

Hold on. I really need you to say that again. Just the last part.

No comments: