Saturday, November 22, 2008

Plenty of Time to Go Back In Time

The lady in the movie calls the voicemail of her lover just to hear his voice.
She calls it over and over.

I hear the clock tick in the kitchen past the orange roses.

And the pink cigarettes.

I refuse to listen to Ella Fitzgerald right now. It's too sad for this. Instead I choose a song
from a movie
about teenage love because I can't get the chorus out of my head.

I prefer a 'Doo be do' to a 'dew-du-du'
And a 'lew lew lew' to a 'la la la'

Like I said, it's a matter of personal preference.
I will go to bed thinking of the melody of that song.

1 comment:

circles... all the way down said...

one time a twenty year old told me "time is a scam." i called her a filthy liar and blinked my eyes and then it was six months later and i knew that she was right, time is a scam.