Sunday, November 16, 2008

Deadlines and Being Well Rested

Four pairs of jeans hang on the closet door and one is folded up neatly with a heart on a napkin sitting on top.  My midnight snack was cashews and chicken with eggplant.  I danced in the kitchen while I ate, standing up, and bopping around and kicking my feet like a jig.  
My smiley-face ashtray from Japan is my bed-buddy tonight.  In Japan smokers are 'considerate' because they carry ashtrays in their bags and do not throw butts on the ground.  
I can't wait to shop for more long sleeve shirts at the thrift store.  I think of this because it is cold outside and cold in the house.  My mother/landlord came over and turned down the heat.  I am regulated.  We watched a lifetime movie and bonded over Zizek youtube videos.  
It's sleeping time in this house.  No guests and no guess work.  Straight ahead and onward-ho with the school work.  There are only three papers left until the semester is over.  I hope it will come automatically soon.  As, I only have a cult following as a writer which does not include professors, I have yet to earn liberties.  And perhaps I should forget that idea all together and just conform because there is no sense hating the system while I am wrapped up in it.  It won't matter two years from now.  That, my friends, I know for sure.  "C's get degrees."  

I would much rather be known for my dancing skills than my g.p.a.. 


1 comment:

circles... all the way down said...

but what a beautiful cult it is...