Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Dreams on the Dawn of Election Day

This morning I dreamt that I was stealing from Crabtree and Evelyn.  There was a voice in my head telling me that I would definitely get away with it.  In fact, the store wanted me to do it.  I was encouraged by the corporation to steal on a psychic level.  I was entitled, the voice said, to as much good-smelling soap as I could fit into my bra.  

That's not very much soap.  

Yikes.  

In the dream, I had lost my teeth.  My front teeth were missing.
I was confused by the dream because in real life I would be rushing to the dentist.
I wondered how I would pay for the dental work and felt more entitled to steal the soap.
But, if I was arrested for theft, how would I be able to avoid permanent disfigurement from my missing teeth?
And how the hell did I lose my front teeth anyway?
There was no violence!  

I woke up, ate cheerios, had coffee and voted.  

No comments: