Thursday, April 23, 2009

Blue Radiation Charcoal Screen Burn

I don't go to the beach
Not at the Atlantic, nor on the University Campus
I tramp
for tea
and sushi

I tramp
for salad
and coffee

I roll for books
and looks

Lawnmower
looks
from red-headed little neighbor girl
whose
father
sees her watching me
craning her neck

Peripheral notice
transfer--
thought--
curious--

...not a little lesbian...

something else

curious

i am always rushing,

i only get as many groceries as I can carry by myself

i have lots of visitors

is that interesting?

It's probably the boys

yes,
it's the boys

Father yells to get her attention
and snaps her head around
with a bark

1 comment:

Mills said...

I like this poem in particular. There is a strong organic rhythm and the images of the red headed girl with "lawn mower looks" is very vibrant. Your writing is growing stronger.(if this opinion matters)